Sunday, January 26, 2014

Games Workshop's World of Battle: A look at the Game Tables

Greetings once again InterWebs!!!!! My recent trip to Memphis included a stop at Games Workshop's U.S. Headquarters which is called the 'World of Battle' and is a Hobby Center (retail store) and Battle Bunker (game area) along with all of the actual offices (which were off limits). The whole experience was awesome! The staff were very friendly, helpful, and not too pushy. The venue was stunning with so much to see! I have been to Warhammer World in Nottingham and our version is just as nice but has no Bugman's which is a shame. From talking to the manager of the World of Battle (James Bell, a really nice guy) it is a local zoning issue and not a GW decision. I could have really gone for a 'Fat Bloke' and a pint of Bugman's XXX.

The gaming area was stunning! The ambiance was perfect and the gaming tables were sublime! I wish I could game on such lovely tables all the time! Here is a fairly large picture dump of the gaming tables that were set up at the time of my visit:

The Imperial Sector/A Bridge too Far:




Various other 'alien' worlds:



Imperial Super-Heavy Motor Pool:

Lava World (Salamanders loved this table!):

Imperial Siege World:

Chaos World with floating platforms that were dedicated to the four ruinous powers:

Eldar Crone World with active 'wraith gates':

A stunning Fantasy City that while I don't play Fantasy I would LOVE to play on this table:


This was a 'Display' table with Skaven and Undead that was beautiful:

There were tunnels along 3 of the sides which showed the underground battles:

Rear area was an underground series of rooms to battle in:


There were several pieces of awesome 'ground terrain':




The really cool thing about each of these tables was that each and every one had a 'table scenario' attached to it! You could play the special table scenario or just a regular game which was a nice touch! Here is one of the table plaques for one of the tables I played on:

I got a couple of games in and really enjoyed playing with a fully painted army on such lovely terrain. It was what the game is all about! The visuals were awesome....watching my little toy soldiers fight it out on real looking terrain! Perfect!

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. I will be showing off more pictures of the actual venue itself with a look at the display cabinets, the walls, the hall of remembrance, etc. Take care!

2 comments:

  1. Some great inspiration! SICK stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I wish I had the room to store stuff like this or lived closer to the venue!

      Delete